Saturday, May 2, 2009

Raindrops on Roses...





I thought I would put up a few pictures of some of my favourite baby things that I have bought (yes we are preparing early/gradually).
1. The first is a blanket from IKEA. I it is amazingly rare to find bright colours in gender neutral colours!
2. A baby romper I had imported from the USA. I love the idea of our baby dressed as Dr Seuss and we got a basket of stuff that also had a blanket, 2 other short sleeved rompers, a bib and an ABC book.
3. Our attempt at environmentally friendly baby raising! We have decided to try to use cloth nappies so we have a whole heap of Bum Genius nappies and we will be using them as soon as we get home from the hospital.
4. Kanga from Winnie the Pooh. I am not a baby animal type of person, but I have an exception and that is classic pooh. I have a baby mobile and also got Kanga because we want to try to give our baby at least a good percentage of toys that are Australian in nature. We are also looking to avoid toys that have a strong American accent in them..we are not American.
5. Mini cargo pants. I thought they were great. I made sure that the fabric was soft so it wouldn't be uncomfortable and they will look great with a white or black singlet! The only problem is no snaps, but for going out they are cool.
I have reassessed by shopping for baby clothes thinking: I now feel the fabric FROM THE INSIDE to make sure the baby will like the feel, then make sure it is reasonably practical to get on and off, then make sure that the baby will have style and not look like all the other babies out there. I am constantly on the lookout for interesting clothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment